Since Inglis Howie was founded, we have provided strategic asset management advice on a number of properties, portfolios, and indirect property holdings. We have been asked by many clients to oversee asset management of assets that we have acquired on their behalf and developed business plans for and we regularly undertake or oversee:
- Lease restructuring, extensions/renewals
- Rent reviews
- Dilapidations and refurbishment
- Lease surrender agreements
- Redevelopment options/Change of use/planning
Since 2009 we have also been heavily involved in providing strategic reviews of portfolios to both Lenders and Borrowers with the aim of maximising the realisation of those portfolios to return as much capital as possible to both parties over a defined period of time. These strategic realisation plans maximise the capital generated from the sell down of individual assets or portfolio's in a considered and planned way and in many cases the results have exceeded our clients expectations.
With the ever growing demand for such services, we decided to form IH PAM in 2011 to continue and expand upon the investment advisory and brokerage services that we already provided to clients. IH PAM have recently advised a number of Pension Funds, Financial Institutions, Banks, other commercial property lenders, Property Companies, private wealthy individuals and receivers.
Projects Undertaken to date include:
- Undertaking asset management initiatives including re-gearing leases and overseeing lettings on a shopping centre investment recently acquired for property company clients.
- Overseeing lease extensions/expiries, dilapidations and rent reviews on a large multi-let industrial estate acquired for a large Pension Fund client.
- Review of individual asset business plans for assets acquired for clients a number of years ago for property company.
- Advice on asset management of a large office building in readiness for sale and thereafter the sale of the property for circa £28m.
- Strategic advice on a substantial mixed use portfolio of properties to be sold to repay debt within defined timescale.
- Analysis of assets and return to a lender based on a ‘if sold today value’ against a longer term realisation programme.
- Advice on portfolio refinancing.
- Sales strategy for distressed portfolios.
- Acquisition of debt from a financial institution for the management team at substantial discount to loan and to market value of the property assets.
- Asset manage a private pension fund’s property interests by providing strategic advice and overseeing property management.
- Advisory role in the acquisition of £88m property debt acquisition.
- Advice and relocation of charity Enable.
- Advice on the Smart Energy systems relocation
- Advice on major Plumbing wholesaler portfolio.